Criterion 7 - Institutional Values and Best Practices
|7.1 Institutional Values and Social Responsibilities|
|7.1.1||QlM||Measures initiated by the Institution for the promotion of gender equity during the last five years.||View Documents|
|7.1.2||QnM||The Institution has facilities for alternate sources of energy and energy conservation measures.
1. Solar energy
2. Biogas plant
3. Wheeling to the Grid
4. Sensor-based energy conservation
5. Use of LED bulbs/ power efficient equipment
|7.1.3||QlM||Describe the facilities in the Institution for the management of the following types of degradable and non-degradable waste.
1. Solid waste management
2. Liquid waste management
3. Biomedical waste management
4. E-waste management
5. Waste recycling system
6. Hazardous chemicals and radioactive waste management
|7.1.4||QnM||Water conservation facilities available in the Institution.
1. Rain water harvesting
2. Borewell /Open well recharge
3. Construction of tanks and bunds
4. Waste water recycling
5. Maintenance of water bodies and distribution system in the campus
|7.1.5||QnM||Green campus initiatives.
1. Restricted entry of automobiles
2. Use of Bicycles/ Battery powered vehicles
3. Pedestrian Friendly pathways
4. Ban on use of Plastic
5. landscaping with trees and plants
|7.1.6||QnM||Quality audits on environment and energy are regularly undertaken by the institution.
1. Green audit
2. Energy audit
3. Environment audit
4. Clean and green campus recognitions / awards
5. Beyond the campus environmental promotion activities
|7.1.7||QnM||The Institution has friendly, barrier free environment.
1. Built environment with ramps/lifts for easy access to classrooms.
2. Divyangjan friendly washrooms
3. Signage including tactile path, lights, display boards and signposts
4. Assistive technology and facilities for Divyangjan accessible website, screen-reading software, mechanized equipment
5. Provision for enquiry and information : Human assistance, reader, scribe, soft copies of reading material, screen reading
|7.1.8||QlM||Describe the Institutional efforts/initiatives in providing an inclusive environment i.e., tolerance and harmony towards cultural, regional, linguistic, communal, socio-economic and such other diversities.||View Documents|
|7.1.9||QlM||Sensitization of students and employees of the Institution to the constitutional obligations: values, rights, duties and responsibilities of citizens||View Documents|
|7.1.10||QnM||The Institution has a prescribed code of conduct for students, teachers, administrators and other staff and conducts periodic programmes in this regard.
1. The Code of Conduct is displayed on the website
2. There is a committee to monitor adherence to the Code of Conduct
3. Institution organizes professional ethics programmes for students, teachers, administrators and other staff
4. Annual awareness programmes on Code of Conduct are organized
|7.1.11||QlM||Institution celebrates / organizes national and international commemorative days, events and festivals||View Documents|
|7.2 Best Practices|
|7.2.1||QlM||Describe two Best practices successfully implemented by the Institution as per the NAAC format provided in the Manual.||View Documents|
|7.3 Institutional Distinctiveness|
|7.3.1||QlM||Portray the performance of the Institution in one area distinctive to its priority and thrust within 1000 words||View Documents|
Page last updated on April, 2023