- India Today’s July 2022 rankings of IIITH are:
India’s number 2 in All India Best Engineering Colleges
1st in Private colleges with best placement records
1st in Emerging Private Colleges 1st in South zone Private colleges
2nd in Private Engineering Colleges
2nd in overall Private Engineering colleges
7th in Private colleges with best value for money
15th in New entrants among top 25 colleges for the first time
- The Week’s July 2022 rankings of IIITH are:
2nd in Private Technical Universities - South zone
2nd in Deemed Technical Universities - South zone
4th in Deemed Technical Universities -
All India 7th in Technical Universities - South zone
- IIIT Hyderabad has been ranked prominently in the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) announced by the Ministry of Education, Government of India. Ranked 62 in Engineering category In the overall category IIITH is in the 150 - 200 band.
- IIIT Hyderabad has been ranked India's number 1 and Telangana's number 1 Private University in a survey conducted by the Education World India Higher Education Rankings for 2022 - 2023.
- IIIT Hyderabad has been ranked India's number 1 private engineering institution in the annual Education World India Higher Education Rankings 2022-23.
- In a survey conducted by DataQuest Best T-School, IIIT Hyderabad has been ranked third at All India Level and has been ranked second in the South zone. The survey focussed on UG programs offered at Higher education institutions and technical institutions. The methodology consists of 48 attributes grouped into 6 sections based on 4 parameters - PACE: (i) Placements - 30% (ii) Academic & research - 30% (iii) Campus infrastructure - 15% (iv) Engagement and Outreach etc. - 25%.
- IIITH is recognised in the "PROMISING" category of "University & Deemed to be University (Private/Self Financed) (Technical)" by Atal Ranking of Institutions on Innovation Achievement(ARIIA) 2021, a flagship program of the Ministry of Education, Government of India.
- Avantika Latwal working under the supervision of Dr. Rehana Shaik was awarded second prize under the theme Geospatial Technologies in Water Resources Engineering for research work on Water Quality Estimation Using Remote Sensing Technique: A case study of Bhadra Reservoir, Karnataka at the 26th International Conference on Hydraulics, Water Resources and Coastal Engineering (HYDRO-2021 International) Sardar Vallabhbhai National Institute of Technology (SVNIT) Surat, Gujarat from 23 - 25 December.
- An extensive article by Rishabh B Mishra, Center for VLSI and Embedded Systems Technology (CVEST) on Solar Powered Small Unmanned Aerial Vehicles: A Review was published in the journal - Energy Technology and also got accepted as the cover article of the journal which reflects that the topic which was covered is highly interesting to editors of the journal and it’s quite unique as well.
- A team of 8 students - Aditya Kadam (UG3, Anmol Goel (RA), Jivitesh Jain (UG4), Mallika Subramanian (UG4), Manvith Reddy (UG4), Prashant Kodali (Ph.D), Arjun T H (UG3), Jushaan Singh Kalra (UG4, Delhi Technological University) and faculty members Prof. Ponnurangam Kumaraguru and Prof. Manish Shrivastava from Precog IIITH participated in the Hate Speech and Offensive Content Identification in English and Indo-Aryan Languages (HASOC-2021) shared task as a part of the CEUR workshop organized by FIRE 2021 from 13 - 17 December.
- Research work on Classroom Slide Narration System by Jobin K V Ajoy Mondal working under the supervision of Prof. C V Jawahar won the IAPR best paper award at the 6th IAPR International Conference on Computer Vision & Image Processing held at IIT Roper in a Hybrid mode from 3 - 5 December.
- An international oneM2M hackathon organised by Korea Electronics Technology Institute to commemorate its 30th anniversary saw IIITH walk away with the Best User Application award.
- Prof. Ponnurangam Kumaraguru and his students received the best student paper award for their research work on What’s Kooking? Characterizing India’s Emerging Social Network, Koo at the 2021 IEEE/ACM International Conference on Advances in Social Networks Analysis and Mining (ASONAM-21) held virtually on ZOOM from 8 – 11 November.
- Salma Khan, a Ph.D student working under the supervision of Dr. Syed Azeemuddin received the best student paper presentation award at Asia Pacific Conference on Circuits and Systems (APCCAS-2021) for her research work on High-Speed CMOS Ramp Generator using Proteretic Comparator held in hybrid mode from 22 – 26 November from Malaysia.
- IIITH-TCS Team Winners at PowerTAC ’21
- Research work on A BIM Based Approach of Electrical Network Analysis and Applications Using GIS Tools by Prof. K S Rajan, Dr. Nagaraja Ravoori Tejaswini Venkumahanti, Kesava Rao Pyla and Sinha S K was given Best Paper Award at 2nd International virtual conference on Sustainable Construction Technologies and Advancements in Civil Engineering (ScTACE 2021), Bhimavaram from 14 - 16 October.
- IIIT team tesla_protocol ranked 46 at the ACM-ICPC competition for 2020. tesla_protocol, made up of Sai Anurudh Peduri, Arjun Pitchanathan and Devansh Gautam was ahead of teams from Stanford, Virginia Tech, Purdue, etc. After a years delay due to Covid-19 pandemic, the ACM-ICPC- 2020 competition officially concluded on 6 October at Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology. More than 50,000 students, from more than 3000 universities from 111 countries participated in local and regional events.
- IHub-Data fellowships were awarded to research students who can contribute to the mission of the center through their research objectives and projects - for details visit: https://blogs.iiit.ac.in/monthly_news/ihub-data-fellowships/
- Prof. C V Jawahar and his students Sanjana Gunna and Rohit Saluja were awarded the Best Paper Award for their paper on Transfer Learning for Scene Text Recognition in Indian Languages at the ICDAR 2021 workshop on camera-based document analysis and recognition (CBDAR 2021, 9th edition) in Lausanne, Switzerland from 5 - 10 September.
Jhansi Mallela (Ph.D – ECE) working under the supervision of Dr. Chiranjeevi Yarra and Ruthwik Muppala (Ph.D – ECE) working under the supervision of Dr. Aftab M Hussain were awarded the prestigious Kohli Research Fellowship for the academic year 2021 – 2022.
- Manisha Padala and Sankrshan Damle, Ph.D students working under the guidance of Dr. Sujit Gujar received Best Paper Award at the first Indian conference on (DAI) organized by Robert Bosch Center for Data Science and AI, IIT Madras from 16 – 18 June for their work on Building Ethical AI: Federated Learning Meets Fairness and Differential Privacy. Manisha Padala and Sankrshan Damle were given a cash prize of USD 500.
- A team comprising of students Pranay Gupta and Debtanu Gupta under the mentorship of Dr. Ravi Kiran Sarvadevabhatla has won this year’s edition of the prestigious Qualcomm Innovation Fellowship award for their innovative proposal titled “Deep Neural Models For Generalized Synthesis of Multi-avatar Actions.
- Sourav Kumar, 5th year dual degree student working under the supervision of Prof. Dipti Misra Sharma and Salil Aggarwal, 4th year dual degree student working under the supervision of Prof. Radhika Mamidi ranked second globally at a Workshop on Asian Translation (WAT 2021) shared task.
- Research work by Aditya Srinivas Gear, Kritika Prakash, Nonidh Singh and Dr Praveen Paruchuri on PredictRV: A Prediction Based Strategy for Negotiations with Dynamically Changing Reservation Value has been accepted and also has been nominated for the best student paper at the 21st International Conference on Group Decision and Negotiation (GDN 2021).
- Anurag Jain working under the supervision of Dr. Sujit Gujar received the best poster design award for their work on We might walk together, but I run faster: Network Fairness and Scalability in Blockchains at the Proceedings of International Conference on Autonomous Agents and Multiagent Systems, 2021 (AAMAS'21).
- Maheshwari Himanshu and Bhavyajeet Singh working under the supervision of Prof. Vasudeva Varma participated in a 3C shared task at Second Workshop on Scholarly Document Processing @ NAACL 2021. The shared task focuses on classifying citation context in research publications based on their influence and purpose. It consisted of two subtasks. The model proposed by Maheshwari Himanshu and Bhavyajeet Singh was ranked number 1 for Subtask A and their macro F1 score was 0.26973. For Subtask B they were ranked number 2 and their macro F1 score is 0.59071 which is very close to the top team's macro F1 score 0.60025.
- Research work on Recent Progress on Flexible Capacitive Pressure Sensors: From Design and Materials to Applications by Rishabh B. Mishra working under the supervision of Aftab M. Hussain, Center for VLSI and Embedded Systems Technologies (CVEST) was featured as a cover page image in Advanced Materials Technologies, Vol 6, No 4 April 2021.
- Achintya Manohar Desai, MS by Research in Computer Science & Engineering, Cryptography stream working under Dr. Kannan Srinathan has been accepted for a Ph.D programme in Computer Science, Cryptography at University of California – Santa Barbara, California, USA.
- Dr. Kavita Vemuri and Vivek Kaushal’s paper on Clickbait – Trust and Credibility of Digital News is available in the Early Access area on IEEE Xplore.
- Durga Prasad Dhulipudi working in Honeywell and a part time Ph.D student of Dr. K S Rajan was awarded best paper award for his research work on Geospatial Object Detection using Machine Learning Aviation Case Study at the 2021 Integrated Communication, Navigation, & Surveillance Conference (ICNS-2021) on Artificial intelligence and machine learning (AI/ML) for aviation applications.
- Dr. K S Vijaya Sekhar has been appointed as Editorial Board Member of International Journal of Business Research and Management (IJBRM) of Computer Science Journals, a platform for open access publications.
- IIIT Hyderabad is in the 601-800 bracket by The Times Higher Education (THE) World University Rankings 2022.
- IIITH has been ranked 54 in engineering category and 83 in university category in the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) announced by the Ministry of Education, Government of India on 9 September 2021.
- IIIT Hyderabad has been ranked 3rd by DataQuest's T-School Employability Index Survey 2021.
- IIITH ranked prominently in different categories of The Week: 1st in Private Engineering Colleges, South Zone; 1st in Private Engineering Colleges, Hyderabad; 2nd in All India Private Engineering Colleges; 2nd in Engineering Colleges, South Zone; 14th in All India Engineering Colleges
- IIIT Hyderabad has been highly ranked by The Week: – 3rd best private & deemed technical universities (All India Category) – 2nd best private & deemed technical universities (South Zone) – ranked 18th under technical universities (All India) which includes both, Government and Private Universities. – ranked 7th under technical universities (South Zone) which includes both, Government and Private Universities.
- IIIT Hyderabad has been ranked India’s number 5 and Telangana’s number 1 Private University in a survey conducted by the Education World India Higher Education Rankings for 2021 – 22.
- In a survey conducted by DataQuest Best T-School, IIIT Hyderabad has been ranked second at All India Level and has been ranked No. 1 in the South zone.
- Education World’s annual survey of Private Engineering Institutes ranks IIITH number 2 in India and number 1 in Telangana. And in the key parameters including faculty competence, curriculum and pedagogy, industry interface, and placements record IIITH has been ranked India’s number 1. India Higher Education rankings by the Education World rankings are for the year 2021 - 2022. IIIT Hyderabad ranked #1 in India for its computer science courses in the Education World India Higher Education Rankings 2021-22 (Top 10 courses & institutes).
- 3rd Best Private and Deemed Technical University in India
- 2nd Private and Deemed Technical Universities, South Zone
- 18th Top Technical Universities (All India), includes both Government and Private Universities.
- 7th Technical Universities, South Zone
- Utkarsh Azad, Center for Computational Natural Sciences and Bioinformatics (CCNSB) received the best paper award for his research on Noise Analysis of Quantum Approximate Optimization Algorithm on Weighted Max-Cut in Computer and Software Systems track at the 3rd IEEE Conference on Information and Communication Technology (CICT-2019).
- Tanashree Jaganade (Ph.D in Bioinformatics, student of Dr. Deva Priyakumar) received the first best poster award for her work on Unravelling dynamics and energetic events involved in flipping process of Thymine Glycol lesion using computational approaches at Australasia's premier Molecular Modelling (MM) conference which was held on Bintan Island, Indonesia from 5 - 8 December. She also received Bursary Award as a fellowship from the organising committee of the conference. The conference was organised by the Association of Molecular Modellers of Australasia (AMMA).
- PEC Coach P Shiva Shalini has been selected to be a part of the Osmania University women’s hockey team. She participated in the South Zone Inter University Hockey Tournament in Chennai last month. Interestingly, Shalini learnt to play hockey at IIITH campus.
- IIITH students won first place in the first round of Microsoft CodeFunDo hackathon 2019. Microsoft CodeFunDo hackathon is held every year by Microsoft in a few institutes like IIIT Hyderabad, IITs and BITS. The first round is held at the college level where participants compete with other teams from their college. IIITH team -Greenticks will represent IIIT Hyderabad in the National Round competing against all other winning teams from their respective colleges. As a prize for the first place, IIITH students won Rs. 20,000 per participant and have qualified for the National Round which will be early next year. The theme for the hackathon was to use blockchain in the electoral process to improve reliability and transparency. For more details visit codefundo.io.
- Venkata Appa Rao Yempada, Research Scholar, Center for VLSI and Embedded Systems Technology (CVEST) working under the supervision of Dr. Srivatsava Jandhyala, was awarded the best poster award for his work on Simulation study of III-V Lateral Tunnel FETs with Gate-Drain underlap at the 23rd International symposium on VLSI Design and Test (VDAT) at IIT Indore from 4 - 6 July.
- Divija Swetha Gadiraju, Ph.D student of SPCRC working under the supervision of Dr. Lalitha Vadlamani, has been awarded Qualcomm Innovation Fellowship India 2019 for their proposal - Codes for distributed computing and sharding.The participating institutes included 9 IITs, IISc as well as IIIT Hyderabad. Out of 28 finalist teams, 10 winning teams were awarded the fellowship. Each winning team will receive 10 lakhs INR fellowship and mentorship from Qualcomm engineers.
- Mihir Bani (CND, 1st Year) and Mukund Choudhary (CLD, 2nd Year) have been selected to represent IIITH in the National Level Quiz - Lallantop Quiz 2019, organized by the India Today Group.
- Aditya Kumar (2nd year BTech, CSE) has been selected as a Campus Director for the 2020 Hult Prize on Campus Program at IIIT Hyderabad. In partnership with the United Nations, the Hult Prize is hosting college and university events around the world in search of the next game-changing start-up.
- Sreeja Kamishetty working under the supervision of Praveen Paruchuri has been selected for the Google Venkat Panchapakesan Memorial Scholarship. Every year Google offers the Venkat Memorial Scholarship to 6 students from India pursuing Computer Science or a closely related field. Selected students receive a financial award of 750 USD towards tuition and education related expenses, and will be invited to visit the YouTube headquarters in San Bruno, California, USA. Selected students will also have an opportunity to submit a proposal, and potentially receive a funding of up to 225 USD to spend on growing computer science in the local community.
- Dr. Ravi Kiran S and Yashaswi Verma were awarded the IUPRAI (Indian Unit of Pattern Recognition and Artificial Intelligence) – Best Doctoral Dissertation Award during the ICVGIP 2018 Conference held from 18 – 22 December at IIIT-Hyderabad. The awardees were given a citation and a cash prize for their achievement. The dissertation topic of Dr. Ravi Kiran S was Deep learning for hand-drawn sketches: Analysis, synthesis and cognitive process models.
- Prof. C V Jawahar, has been elected a Fellow of the Indian National Academy of Engineers (INAE) with effect from November 2018.
- Prof. Vishal Garg received the Arthur H Rosenfeld Urban Cooling Award from the Global Cool Cities Alliance in California, USA. The Global Cool Cities Alliance (GCCA) has established an award to honor the legacy and impact of Dr. Arthur Rosenfeld’s advocacy for cooler buildings, cooler cities, and a cooler planet. Dr. Rosenfeld was a founder of GCCA and a tireless advocate for building materials that improve thermal comfort and make a positive impact on global climate change.
- Dr. K S Rajan has been invited to be the Associate Editor of Journal of Indian Society of Remote Sensing (JISRS). It is the premier publication of the Society and has been in publication since 1973. Over the last decade, it became an international journal with Springer publishing and distributing it world over.
- Dr. K S Rajan, Lab for Spatial Informatics (LSI), Earthquake Engineering Research Center (EERC), Center for Open Software (COS) has been invited to be the Associate Editor of Journal of Indian Society of Remote Sensing (JISRS).
- Dr. Ashok Kumar Das, center for Security, Theory & Algorithmic Research (CSTAR) was promoted to Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) Senior Member. IEEE is the world’s largest technical professional organization dedicated to advancing technology for the benefit of humanity. As the world's largest technical professional organization, IEEE offers a number of ways to get involved with technical and local communities. These communities are active participants in research and authorship, conferences, and important conversations about today's most relevant technical topics locally and globally.
- Prof. Vasudeva Varma, Dean RnD, Software Engineering Research Center (SERC), Language Technologies Research Center (LTRC) and Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship (CIE) has been elected for the Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) India council. He will be its Executive Council Member from 1 July 2018 - 30 June 2022.
- Samyak Datta, Gaurav Sharma and Prof. C V Jawahar, Centre for Visual Information Technology (CVIT) were conferred Best Paper Award for their paper Unsupervised Learning of Face Representations at 13th IEEE International Conference on Automated Face and Gesture Recognition (FG 2018), Xi'an, China during 15 - 19 May.
- Dr. Jolly Thomas, Center for Exact Humanities (CEH) won the BM Matilal Logic prize for the year 2018. This prize is awarded biennially.
- Dr. Anoop Namboodiri, Centre for Visual Information Technology (CVIT) won the Best Paper Award (Silver) for his work on Semi-Adversarial Networks: Convolutional Autoencoders for Imparting Privacy to Face Images at the 11th IAPR International Conference on Biometrics (ICB 2018), Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia.
- Dr. Shatrunjay Rawat, Center for Security, Theory andAlgorithmic Research (CSTAR):
- chaired the combined committee for curriculum for Polytechnic (Diploma) in Computer Science and IT.
- renominated for CAG’s Audit Advisory Board for the state of Telangana for the period 2017-19.
- Prof. P J Narayanan appointed institute’s Director for a second term for a period of another five years by the Governing Council of IIIT-Hyderabad. He will be heading the institute till April 2023.
- Rahul Suresh Vishwakarma (4th year dual degree student in EERC) working under the supervision of Prof. Pradeep Kumar Ramancharla won the Excellent Young Researcher Award for the best poster presentation for his research work on Analysis of Hill Slope Buildings for Twist Variation with Change in Aspect Ratio at the 17th International Symposium on New Technologies for Urban Safety of Mega Cities in Asia at IIIT-Hyderabad from 12 to 14 December.
- Tarnpreet Gill, (M.Tech Students of CASE, EERC) won the Best Paper Presentation Award in the general track category for his paper on Age Detection of Moon Minerals Using Crater Counting Techniques at FOSS4G-ASIA - 2018 Conference at University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka from 2 - 5 December
- 1st Year UG Student Mukund Choudhary is one of the top 20 finalists selected through a rigorous 2-stage jury process among 470 submissions from 60 countries to attend the prestigious 10th Global Peter Drucker forum in Vienna from 29 - 30 November. He also received travel funding to attend the award ceremony.
- Team VidyutVanika, a collaborative team between TCS and IIITH came second in the PowerTac 2018 competition. The team consisted of Susobhan Ghosh (student), Dr. Sujit Gujar, Dr. Praveen Paruchuri from IIIT-Hyderabad and Dr. Easwar Subramanian, Dr. Sanjay Bhat from TCS.
- Salghuna Nair, Ph.D student working under the supervision of Dr. Ramachandra Prasad P. Earthquake Engineering Research Center (EERC), Lab for Spatial Informatics (LSI) won the best paper and best contribution among young researchers for their paper A surrogate approach of identifying Artocarpus heterophyllus species of Attappadi forest, India at the AIT2018 - the IX Conference of the Italian Society of Remote Sensing, Florence,Italy during 4 - 6 July. Salghuna received 300 Euros as prize money.
- Mayank Agrawal’s research under the supervision of Dr. Kavita Vemuri, Cognitive Science Lab (CogSci) and Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship (CIE) was awarded the Best Poster Award for his work on A Heterogeneous traffic virtual-reality simulator to study irritation/anger and driving behaviour under adverse conditions at the 32nd British Human Computer Interaction (HCI) Conference from 2 - 6 July at Belfast, Northern Ireland, UK.
- Sreeja Kamishetty, M.S student in Computer Science working under the supervision of Dr. Praveen Paruchuri, Data Sciences and Analytics Center (DSAC), Machine Learning Lab (MLL) has been selected for the Google student retreat in London. Google Students Retreat is a three day event for students to connect with each other, develop their skill set and gain unique insights at Google. Google Students Retreat is from 7 - 9 August at Google London Office.
- Mounika K V won Best Poster Award in 3rd Workshop for Young Female Researchers in Speech Science and Technology, conducted as a part of INTERSPEECH 2018.
- IIIT-H Team TooWeakTooSlow - Tanuj Khattar (4th year B.Tech - CSE), C. G. Vedant (4th year B.Tech - CSE) and Rajas Vanjape (4th year CSD-Dual Degree) - have qualified for the World Finals of the ACM-ICPC programming competition to be held in Beijing, China on 19 April 2018.
- Avijit Dasgupta, a second year Ph.D student won the Google India Ph.D. Fellowship for Machine Perception, Speech Technology and Computer Vision. Avijit is pursuing his research in computer vision and machine learning under the joint supervision of Prof. C V Jawahar, IIIT-Hyderabad and Dr. Karteek Alahari, INRIA, France.
- Praveen Krishnan, Katrik Dutta and C. V. Jawahar won the Nakano best paper award for their paper Word spotting and recognition using deep embedding at DAS. This was the 13th edition of the IAPR International workshop focusing on system-level issues and approaches in document analysis and recognition held at Vienna from 24-27 April.
- Prof. Ramesh Loganathan, Software Engineering Research Center (SERC) received the Telangana State Award for championing the cause of start-ups.
- Prof. C. V. Jawahar, Center for Visual Information Technology (CVIT)
- received the IAPR Fellowship in December 2016 at the International Conference on Pattern Recognition (ICPR) Conference, Cancun, Mexico.
- Amazon Chair Professor for a period of five years starting from July 2016.
- Outstanding Reviewer of CVPR 2017.
- Prof. Vishal Garg, Center for IT in Building Science (CBS) was elected as a Fellow of Indian Green Building Council (IGBC).
- Prof. P. J. Narayanan, Centre for Visual Information Technology (CVIT) received the INAE Fellowship in December 2016.
- Dr. U. Deva Priyakumar’s INSA Young Scientist grant got renewed for second year.
- Prof. Pradeep Kumar Ramancharla, Earthquake Engineering Research Center (EERC) has been appointed as Chairman of IAStructE "Indian Association of Structural Engineers”, Telangana State Centre.
- Prof. Nand Kishore Acharya was awarded the “Mahatma Gandhi Sahitya Samman” for 2016 by the Uttar Pradesh Hindi Sansthan in recognition of his writings on Mahatma Gandhi. The award consists of a citation and a cash reward of Rs. 4 lakhs.
- G. Ramya, Center for Computational Natural Sciences and Bioinformatics (CCNSB) was awarded DST Women Scientist Fellowship.
- Harish Yenala and Dr. ManojChinnakotla, Adjunct Faculty and Applied Scientist, Microsoft were conferred Best Paper Award at The Pacific-Asia Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining (PAKDD)2017 Jeju, South Korea for their paper Convolutional Bi-Directional LSTM for Detecting Inappropriate Query Suggestions in Web Search.
- Srishti Srivastava, Team Lahoo was chosen as a participant of the delegation to Isreal for Innovation Competition for Indian start-ups.
- G. Drushti Apoorva and Prof. Radhika Mamidi, Natural Language Processing – Machine Translation (NLP-MT) won the best student paper award for their paper - BolLy: Annotation of Sentiment Polarity in Bollywood Lyrics Dataset at the 15th International Conference of the Pacific Association for Computational Linguistics (PACLING), in Myanmar during 16 – 18 August.
- Sneha Jain, MS by Research student from Building Science Research Centre (BSRC) received a Building Energy Efficiency Higher & Advanced Network (BHAVAN) Award 2018 from the Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India and the Indo-US Science and Technology Forum (IUSSTF).
- Charudatt Pachorkar, Meher Chaitanya, Dr. Kishore Kothapalli,Center for Security, Theory & Algorithmic Research (CSTAR)and Debajyoti Bera won Best Paper Award for their paperEfficient Parallel Ear Decomposition of Graphs with Application to Betweenness-Centralityat the 23rd Annual International Conference on High Performance Computing (HiPC), 2016.
- Prof. Nand Kishore Acharya, Center of Exact Humanities (CEH) was awarded the prestigious Kendriya Sangeet Natak Academy Award for his contribution to playwriting.
- Prof. P. Krishna Reddy, Center for Data Engineering (CDE), has been appointed as a member of the sub-group of the task force on the use of technology in IT/ ICT in insurance by NITI Aayog.
- Prof. C. V. Jawahar, Center for Visual Information Technology (CVIT)
- appointed as Associate Editor of IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence (PAMI).
- elected as an Outstanding Reviewer for the prestigious conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR).
- Dr. Ashok Kumar Das, Center for Security, Theory & Algorithmic Research CSTAR), was appointed as an Editor for the KSII Transactionson Internet and Information Systems.
- Dr. P. Ubaidulla, Signal Processing and Communications Research Center (SPCRC)
- elected to IEEE Senior Member Grade.
- awarded Young Faculty Award as part of Vivesvaraya PhD scheme supported by DietY.
- Prof. Jayanthi Sivaswamy, Center for Visual Information Technology (CVIT) was appointed a Member of Research Advisory Council of Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute of Medical Sciences and Technology.
- Dr. Supriya Mohanty, Dr. Sachin Chaudhari, Signal Processing and Communication Research Center (SPCRC), Dr. Vinod Palakkad, Dr. Prasad Krishnan, Signal Processing and Communication Research Center (SPCRC) and Dr. Rahul Shrestha have received the Early Career Research Award from the Science and Engineering Research Board, Department of Science and Technology.
- Dr. Anil Kumar Vuppala, Signal Processing and Communication Research Center (SPCRC); Language Technologies Research Centre (LTRC) won Young Scientist Research Award, Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB), DST.
- Dr. Sheikh Rehana, Lab for Spatial Informatics (LSI) won Young Scientist Research Award, Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB), DST.
- Dr. U. Deva Priyakumar, Center for Computational Natural Sciences and Bioinformatics (CCNSB), was awarded the JSPS Invitation Fellowship by Institute of Molecular Science, Okazaki, Japan.
- Dr. Vishal Garg, Center for IT in Building Science (CBS) is a member of the panel introducing a new chapter “Part 11-Approach to Sustainability” in the National Building Code of India, by BIS.
- Dr. Vineet Gandhi, Center for Visual Information Technology (CVIT), was awarded Best Paper Award for his paper Capturing and Indexing Rehearsals: The Design and Usage of a Digital Archive of Performing Arts at Digital Heritage, 2015 in Granada, Spain.
- Aviruch Bhatia (PhD student), Center for IT in Building Science was selected for Building Energy Efficiency Higher & Advanced Network (BHAVAN) Internship program supported by DST, Government of India and the Indo-U.S. Science and Technology Forum (IUSSTIF). As part of the internship, he will be working with Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, USA to contribute his expertise in "Building Technology Urban Systems Division".
- Abhinav Mittal (Dual Degree student) under the supervision of Prof. Abhijit Mitra, Center for Computational Natural Sciences and Bioinformatics (CCNSB) topped Bioinformatics National Certification Examination (BINC 2016).
- Broto Chakrabarty (PhD student) under the supervision of Dr. Nita Parekh, Center for Computational Natural Sciences and Bioinformatics (CCNSB), secured All India 1st Rank in Bioinformatics National Certification (BINC) – 2015 organized by Department of Biotechnology (DBT).
- Swetha Bikkina (PhD student) under the supervision of Dr. U. Deva Priyakumar, Center for Computational Natural Sciences and Bioinformatics (CCNSB) was awarded DST Women Scientist Fellowship.
- Sridhar Chimalakonda (PhD student), Software Engineering Research Center (SERC) was Co-Editor for two international standards (ISO/IEC 26551, 26555) in the area of software product lines.
- Lalit Mohan (PhD student), Software Engineering Research Center (SERC) was chosen as Panel Speakerat CII National Cloud Summit.
- Aniket Singh (PhD student) under the supervision of Dr. Anoop Namboodiri, Center for Visual Information Technology (CVIT), was awarded Best Paper Award for their paper Laplacin Pyramids for Deep Feature Inversion at 3rd IAPR Asian Conference on Pattern Recognition (ACPR 2015) in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- Sunil Kumar Maddigatla (MS by Research student) and Dr. Srivatsava Jandhyala, Center for VLSI and Embedded Systems Technology (CVEST), were awarded Best Paper Award for their paper An Accurate CMOS Integrated Temperature Sensor for IOT Applications at IEEE Computer Society Annual Symposium on VLSI (ISVLSI), Pittsburg, Pennsylvania, USA.
- Sumit Gautam (MS by Research student) under the supervision of Dr. P. Ubaidulla, Signal Processing and Communication Research Center (SPCRC), was awarded Best Paper Award for their paper Simultaneous Transmission of Information and Energy in OFDM Systems at Proc. IEEE Wireless Personal Multimedia Communications (WPMC2015).
- Nishith Maheshwari (Dual Degree student) under the supervision of Dr. K. S. Rajan, Lab for Spatial Informatics (LSI), was awarded Best Poster Award for their paper A semantic model to define indoor space in context of emergency evacuation at International Society for Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing congress (ISPRS) 2016, Prague.
- Padmalata Nistala (PhD student), Software Engineering Research Center (SERC) conducted a 60 minute Session @ American Society for Quality (ASQ) titled A Synthesis Approach to Achieving Product Quality in Milwaukee, USA , May 2016.
- Chandan Pradhan (MS by Research student) under the supervision of Dr. G. Rama Murthy, Signal Processing and Communication Research Center (SPCRC), was awarded Best Paper Award for their paper Full-Duplex Transceiver for Future Cellular Network: A Smart Antenna Approach” at International Conference on Advanced Networks and Telecommunications Systems (ANTS 2015).
- Sandhya Rai (PhD student) and Siladitya Padhi (PhD student), under the supervision of Dr. U. Deva Priyakumar, Center for Computational Natural Sciences and Bioinformatics (CCNSB) were awarded Best Poster Award at Theoretical Chemistry Symposium 2015.
- R. Pradeep Kumar was a member of Expert Committees constituted to study the impact of HudHud Cyclone on infrastructure facilities in Visakhapatnam and the 2015 Earthquake in Nepal. He also visited Sydney, Australia as part of Indian delegation for attending ISO Plenary Meeting on Cement & Concrete Structures.
- Shaik Rehana, was awarded Prof. N. S. Govinda Rao Gold Medal for Best PhD thesis award, 2015, in the Department of Civil Engineering, IISc, Bangalore.
- Nand Kishore Acharya, Professor of Eminence, Center for Exact Humanities (CEH), was awarded Pandit Vidyanivas Mishra Smriti Samman by Vidyashri Nyasa of Varanasi. This award is given in recognition of his literary achievements.
- Kishore Kothapalli, Associate Professor, Center for Security, Theory & Algorithmic Research (CSTAR)
- nominated as Council member for Indian Association for Research in Computing Science (IARCS)
- nominated as Executive Committee Member for IEEE TCPP, Indian Subcontinent
- Dr. Vishal Garg, Center for IT in Building Science (CBS) and team were awarded the Best Paper Award for their paper Assessment of the Impact of Cool Roofs in Rural Buildings in India at Intl Conference on Counter measures to Urban Heat Island 2014.
- Siddharth Tourani, Robotics Research Center (RRC) and Dr. K. Madhava Krishna Robotics Research Center (RRC) were awarded the Best Paper Runner-Up for their paper Using In-frame Shear Constraints for Monocular Motion Segmentation of Rigid Bodies, at ICVGIP 2014.
- Best poster and oral presentation award in the Symposium on Accelerating Biology. Sanchari Sircar, PhD student from Center for Computational Natural Sciences and Bioinformatics (CCNSB) for Gene Co-expression Network Analysis of Oryza sativa under Abiotic Stress.
- Best poster award at the Theoretical Chemistry Symposium (TCS 2014). Siladitya, PhD student and Sandhya, PhD student both from Center for Computational Natural Sciences and Bioinformatics (CCNSB).
- Special Jury Mention at Devthon Metropolis for the idea “Smart Spectrum” was awarded to Sumit Kumar, MS student in Signal Processing and Communication Research Center (SPCRC).
- Deepak Rajamohan (MS, CSE), Bhavana Ganu (CSD), Dr. K. S. Rajan, Lab for Spatial Informatics (LSI) were awarded First prize at the Tracking and Imaging Challenge at PCV-2014 Conference on Road Condition and Texture Estimation by Fusing GPS, Accelerometer and Camera Data.
- D. Prashanthi (PhD student), Center for Computational Natural Sciences and Bioinformatics (CCNSB) was awarded Best Poster Award for his paper on Copy Number Variation Analysis of Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma (DLBCL)Subtypes at Indo-US Bilateral Conferences-cum-Workshop.
- Amit Jaiswal and Dipanjan Roy were awarded Best Paper Award for their paper on Focal localization of brain electromagnetic activity using CS-sLORETA at ACCS 2014.
- Sanchari Sircar (PhD student), Center for Computational Natural Sciences and Bioinformatics (CCNSB) were awarded the Best Poster and Oral Presentation Award for their paper Gene Co-expression Network Analysis of Oryza sativa under Abiotic Stressat Symposium on Accelerating Biology.
- Siladitya (PhD student) and Sandhya (PhD student), Center for Computational Natural Sciences and Bioinformatics (CCNSB) were awarded Best Poster Award at Theoretical Chemistry Symposium (TCS 2014).
- IIIT-H team lead by MS student Avinash Siravuru, Robotics Research Center (RRC) came within top twenty in the Simulating Reality Contest Winner conducted worldwide on the theme Modular robot design and analysis for the uneven terrain exploration.
- Sumit Kumar (MS student), Signal Processing and Communication Research Center (SPCRC) was awarded Special Jury Mention for his idea Smart Spectrum at Devthon Metropolis.
- Broto Chakrabarty (PhD student), Center for Computational Natural Sciences and Bioinformatics (CCNSB) was awarded Best Oral Presentation Award at International Conference on Genome Informatics.
- Prof B. Yegnanarayana, Signal Processing and Communication Research Center (SPCRC)
- elected as ISCA (International Speech Communication Association) Fellow for his outstanding contributions to research and education in processing of speech.
- awarded The Syed Hussain Zaheer Medal (2014) by the Indian National Science Academy.
- Dr. K. S. Rajan, Lab for Spatial Informatics (LSI) was awarded the Indian National Geospatial Award 2013 of the Indian Society of Remote Sensing.
- AdityaDeshpande won the Best GPU Paper Award at the HiPC conference in December 2013.
- Harini Sampath (Ph.D in CSE), Rajeev Rajeshuni (M.S. by Research) and BipinIndurkhya (Cognitive Science Lab) received the Best Research Paper – Honorable Mention Award at the ACM Conference on Computer Human Interface (CHI 2014), Toronto, April 26 - May 1, 2014.
- Tejaswinee Kelkar and Sonal Aggarwal (MS by Research) were awarded the ACM -W scholarship to present their papers in UK and Greece respectively.
- Prof B. Yegnanarayana, Signal Processing and Communication Research Center (SPCRC)
- Fellow of the IEEE for contributions to digital signal processing research and education.
- Distinguished Alumnus Award from Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore.
- Prof. Rajeev Sangal, Language Technologies Research Center (LTRC) became a Fellow of the Computer Society of India.
- Dr. Suril Shah received the prestigious Inspire Faculty Award from the Department of Science and Technology.
- Dr. U. Deva Priyakumar, Center for Computational Natural Sciences and Bioinformatics (CCNSB) was selected as a Young Associate of the Indian Academy of Sciences.
- Dr. Shubhajit Roy Chowdhury received the Young Engineer Award from Institution of Engineers India.
- Prof. P. J. Narayanan, Centre for Visual Information Technology (CVIT) received Presidential Award from ACM for his service to the company community.
- Shri Vijaya Sekhar received the CSI Service Award for his significant contribution in the eGovernance domain.
- Mr. T. J. David, Inventor in Engineering Technology and Innovation Centre (ENTICE) was awarded the DST-Lockheed Martin India Innovation Growth Programme 2013 for his technology “Solar Powered Crop Harvester”.
Achievements of students and faculty in national and international technical conferences and competitions
- Harini Sampath (PhD student) won 3rd prize and Yashaswi Verma (PhD student) won the honorable mention award in TechVista 2013. TechVista is an annual Computer Science research symposium organized by Microsoft Research India.
- Yashaswi Verma (PhD student) from Center for Visual Information Technology (CVIT) received prestigious Microsoft Research India PhD Fellowship for the year 2013.
- Rajvi Shah (PhD student) from Center for Visual Information Technology (CVIT) received prestigious Google India PhD Fellowship for the Year 2013.
- Harit Pandya (PhD student) from Robotics Research Center (RRC) and Saurabh Saini (PhD student) from Center for Visual Information Technology (CVIT) received TCS PhD fellowship for the year 2013.
- P. Raghu Nandan Vyas (PG2, MTech-CASE) and Akash K. Chauhan (PG1, M.Tech CASE) won first prize in IASTRUCTE – S. C. Mehrotra Essay Competition. This award is given to students by Indian Association of Structural Engineering.
- M. Kumaraswamy (PhD student) received the best paper presentation award for the paper "Village-level eSagu: A Scalable and Location-Specific Agro-advisory System" in National Seminar on Futuristic Agricultural Extension for Livelihood Improvement and Sustainable Development in January 2013 at Acharya N. G. Ranga Agricultural University, Rajendranagar, Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh.
- IIIT-H team represented India for a record 5th time in a row at finals of the ACM International Collegiate Programming Contest held in St. Petersburg.
- Seven PhD students received fellowships:
- 5 from TCS
- 1 from Google
- 1 from Microsoft Research.
- Prof. Nand Kishore Acharya, Center for Exact Humanities (CEH), has been awarded Maharana Kumbha Samman 2012 for outstanding contributions to Hindi literature.
- Dr. Neelima Satyam, Earthquake Engineering Research Center (EERC) received the Young Engineers Award 2011-12 from Institution of Engineers.
- Dr. Shubhajit Roy Chowdhary was selected as the Fellow of Society of Applied Biotechnology.
- Mr. Jayadev, Head of Placement - awarded Best Placement & Brand Marketing Officer at World Education Congress, 2012. - conferred the Best Placement & Brand Marketing Officer Award, by the Stars of the Industry Group.
Achievements of students and faculty in national and international technical conferences and competitions
- IIIT-H finished Top 18 at the World Finals of the 36th Annual ACM ICPC 2012, Warsaw, Poland (14 – 18 May). Best performance by an Indian team in ICPC history. Only college from India to qualify for the World Finals for the fourth time in a row. ACM ICPC is the world’s oldest, largest, and most prestigious programming contest, and the 2012 edition drew for its first stage over 30,000 participants on more than 7,000 teams, representing around 2,200 universities, in over 85 countries, on six continents.
- K. Sai Deepak, in the first semester of his PhD program, Center for Visual Information Technologies (CVIT), was selected for 2012 Google PhD Fellowship. He was one of the four to be awarded the fellowship in India. Sai Deepak did MS by Research in Medical Image Analysis at CVIT, under the guidance of Prof. Jayanti Sivaswamy, in 2012.
- IIIT-H’s Lab for Spatial Informatics (LSI) launched VRGeo, an open-source collaborative technology for mapping geospatial information in India, at Garuda NKN (National Knowledge Networks) Partners Meet, C-DAC, Bengaluru, on July 20, 2012
- IIIT-H secured World No.3 place at the 10th Annual Trading Agent Competition Supply Chain Management (TAC SCM), in Valencia, Spain, June 4-8, 2012. TAC SCM was designed to capture many of the challenges involved in supporting dynamic supply chain practices. Check IIIT-H team IOTA in final rankings.
- Music curriculum designed by IIIT-H’s Cultural Advisor Sri. D. V. K. Vasudevan was adopted by the Government of AP’s Education Department for the Jawahar Bal Bhavan. Jawahar Bal Bhavan is a state wide, non formal educational initiative and targets children aged between 5 and 16 years.
- Seven PhD students received prestigious fellowships:
- 4 from TCS
- 1 from Google
- 1 from IBM Research
- 1 from Microsoft Research.
- Prof. Nand Kishore Acharya, Center for Exact Humanities (CEH) has been awarded Subrahmanyam Bharati Award 2011 for contributions in critical and creative areas in literature
- Dr. U. Deva Priyakumar, Center for Computational Natural Sciences and Bioinformatics (CCNSB) has been awarded Young Scientist Medal 2011 by Indian National Science Academy (INA).
Achievements of students and faculty in national and international technical conferences and competitions
- IIIT-H team (Mission Gaganyaan) won the third place at CANSAT-2011 competition held at Abilene, Texas, USA
- Two IIIT-H teams were the in top 4 in the ACM - ICPC 2011 national contest.
- IIIT-H team won the Best Poster Award at the National Conference on Sensors and Actuators 2011 jointly organised by Department of Science and Technology, Government of India and Council of Scientific and Industrial Research.
- IIIT-H team won the First Prize at a National Level Techno Symposium for "Aarogyam" a software enabled tool for patient diagnosis.
- IIIT-H team won the Forth Place at the World Embedded software contest 2010 (WESC 2010), Seoul, South Korea. The work involved the development and demonistation of a virtual gaming environment called Red Eye.
- Mr. T. J. Devid, Project Co-ordinator, ENTICE and Mr. Kudikala Shravan Kumar have won the coveted Intel India Embedded Challenge 2011 Grand Prize for their projects Solar Powered Crop Harvesting Robot out of 1600 entries.
- IIIT-H continues to be ranked Number 1globally at the Sphere Online Judge (SPOJ), a highly popular programming site with over 10, 000 users from 120 countries, since April 2009.
- IIIT-H's team Mission Gaganyaan was ranked World First at CanSat 2010, at Amarillo, Texas, USA, sponsored by NASA. The contest required teams to design and fabricate a satellite capable of being launched and returning back safely. The payload was the egg of a hen, which had to come back intact.
- Dual degree research students, Language Technologies Research Center (LTRC) won the first and second ranks in the international contest Word Sense Disambiguation (WSD), in the unsupervised machine learning category.
- The Cloud Computing Group was awarded the Best Student Paper Award at the third India Software Engineering Conference (ISEC) 2010, Mysore.
- IIIT-H represented India in the 34th Annual ACM Programming Contests World Finals, Harbin, China, in Feb 2010.
- IIIT-H was ranked among the Best 7 Universities in South Asia, in 2009, in terms of Scholarly Papers on the Internet, by Cybermetric Lab, Spain’s largest public research institution. The global survey is conducted once every three years.
- IIIT-H has been ranked Number 1 globally at the highly popular programming contest Sphere Online Judge (SPOJ) with over 10, 000 users from 120 countries.
- Ajay Somani and Anshuman Singh (Undergraduate students) were among the top 3 winners, in the three online programming contests conducted between March and May 2009 by codechef.com, a popular Indian programming contest website.
- IIIT-H team won the National ACM programming contest, Stockholm, Sweden; April 2009).
- Ashish Mangalampalli (Research student) is one of the twenty exceptional PhD students from all over the world to have been selected to be part of Yahoo!’s Key Scientific Challenges (KSC) Program, and is the only student from India to receive this award, April 2009
- IIIT-H team qualified for CanSat 2009, which is a NASA sponsored and American Astronautical Society organized international competition that requires participants to design and build, a micro-satellite, and also the team is one of the 14 teams from around the world to qualify for the finals (June 2009). IIIT-H team built a satellite that was launched and descended to ground sending data to the telemetry system.
- IIIT-H’s VLSI team is one of the three first-prize winners for a research proposal on Power reduction in off-chip buses for block data at the National Level Intel Scholar Program 2008 (in Graduate category; Feb 2009).
- IIIT-H has been selected by IBM for the IBM Shared University Research (SUR) Award, under which the institute will be supported financially, to set up a Center of Excellence (CoE) on cell and power multi-core architecture, in order to leverage on the institute’s very early research in these areas, (March 2009).
- The eSagu project has been awarded the Diploma for Excellence in the prestigious Stockholm Challenge 2008 for IT in Economic Development.
- The eSagu project won the Manthan Award 2007 and CSI-Nihilent award 2006.
- Four B.Tech students secured 11th rank worldwide on a popular website www.spoj.pl that posts programming problems.
- Team IIIT-H was among the finalists in Intel India student research contest.
- IIIT-H student was among the top 5 Indians finalists in Indian Student Mathematica Competition.
- IIIT-H team won First Place in Document Understanding Contest (DUC-2006) run by NIST, USA.
- IIIT-H team won the shared task contest as part of the workshop on Shallow Parsing of IJCAI-07.
- A research paper from IIIT-H was awarded the Best Student Paper Award in IEEE International Services Computing Conference held at Salt Lake City, Utah, USA.
- IIIT-H team won First Prize at the Intel India Student Research Challenge (IIISRC) for the year 2006 – 2007. This recognition was for their research on Design of a high speed 32-bit arithmetic and logic unit.
International Achievements (Multi-year)
- World First, at the Finals at Amarillo, Texas, USA, June 13
- Only team from Asia to qualify for World Finals
- World 8th at World Finals. (June 2009)
- First ever team from India to qualify for CanSat.
- Check Cansat website for final rankings.
Text Analysis Conference (TAC)
Document Understanding Conferences (DUC)
US Department of Commerce’ agency National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) holds Text Analysis Conference (TAC) every year. TAC was called Document Understanding Conferences (DUC) till 2008. In 2009, TAC attracted from across the world around 40 leading research teams including the University of Columbia, Stanford, Microsoft Research, IBM Research Labs, University of Edinburgh, and National University of Singapore (NUS). Below are the results of IIIT-H’s participation at TAC/ DUC.
World No.1 in Knowledge Based Population Track (TAC). Check
World No.1 in Squishy Question Answering Task (TAC). Check
World No.1 in Query Focused Multi-Document Summarization Tasks (DUC). Check
World No. 1 in Query Focused Multi-Document Summarization Tasks (DUC). Check
It is the world’s oldest, largest, and most prestigious programming contest. The 2012 edition drew for its first stage over 30,000 participants on more than 7,000 teams, representing around 2,200 universities, in over 85 countries. Results of IIIT-H’s participation over the past four years.
2012 (36th Annual ACM ICPC World Finals, Warsaw, Poland)
- Only Indian college to qualify for World Finals, for fourth time in a row.
- World 18th position.Check
- Best performance by an Indian team in ICPC history (co-shared with IIT Delhi).
2011 (35th Annual ACM ICPC World Finals, Orlando, Florida, USA)
- Top Indian team
- World 42nd position.Check
- Only Indian college with two teams qualified for World Finals
- Awarded Certificate of Achievement
2010 (34th Annual ACM ICPC World Finals, Harbin, China)
- Top Indian team.
- World 36th position.Check
- Awarded Certificate of Achievement
2009 (33rd Annual ACM ICPC World Finals, Stockholm, Sweden)
- Top Indian team
- World 54th position. Check
- Received Honorable Mention
Google India Women in Engineering Awards
The Awards –called Google India Anita Borg Memorial Scholarship from 2012 – are meant to recognize and reward deserving women students in Computer Science and related majors, and inspire them to become active participants and leaders in creating technology. Given annually, the award is based on excellence in academics, passion for technology, demonstrated leadership, and originality of thought
Lydia Manikonda, a dual degree student (CSE).
Check the official list of awardees.
2010 – Two students
Chhaya Methani, dual degree (CSE).
Kirti Garg, PhD (CSE)
Check the list of awardees.
Sahiti Polishetty, B Tech (CSE).
Check the list of awardees.
IIIT-H’s Team Kshitji was the only team from India to have qualified for the finals of the RoboCup events, each year, for five years, since the inception of the international contest in 2004. Awarded Best New Agent Award at the Trading Agent Competition Supply Chain Management (TAC SCM), 2006.
National Achievements (Multi-year)
- SPOJ – Every month since April 2009
Number #1 globally at the Sphere Online Judge (SPOJ), a highly popular programming site, with over 30, 000 users from 120 countries, since April 2009.
For rankings, click www.spoj.pl/ranks/institutions/
- Codechef – Every month since Jan 2010
- At least five of the top 20 winners at the Codechef’s national-level monthly programming contests, since Jan 2008, have been IIIT-H students.
- For details click here or check at http://www.codechef.com
Dataquest’s all-India ranks of IIIT-H. Ranks cover the IITs too.
- 2012 --- Top 3 overall and #1 on placements
- 2011 --- Top 5 overall and #1 on placements
- 2010 --- Top 5 overall and top 3 on placements
- 2009 --- Top 7 overall and top 5 on placements
- 2008 --- Top 7 overall and top 3 on placements
- 2007 --- Top 9 overall and top 5 on placements
- 2006 --- Top 10 overall
India Today magazine rankings of IIIT-H. Ranks cover the IITs too.
- 2012 --- Top 20 over all
- 2011 --- Top 14 over all
- 2010 --- Top 16 over all
- 2009 --- Top 16 over all
- 2008 --- Top 13 over all
- 2007 --- Top 16 over all
Outlook Magazine rankings of IIIT-H. Ranks cover the IITs too.
- 2012 --- Top 14 over all
- 2011 --- Top 16 over all
- 2010 --- Top 11 over all
- 2009 --- Top 25 over all
A Lasting Contribution to the Nation
- The Indian languages machine translation system developed by a IIIT-H led consortium, was launched by Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, at the international conference WWW 2011, in March 2011.
- While the first edition of the system provides automatic text translation in four Indian language pairs, the next versions will feature a dozen more Indian languages.
- The consortium consisting of 11 Indian academic institutions has been funded by the Government of India's Department of Information Technology (DIT).
Page last updated on August, 2022