June 26, 2019
Sealed tenders are invited by the IIIT Hyderabad for translation from English to Indian Languages, transcription and sub-titling for a project sponsored by the MHRD as per the technical specifications below.
Last date of receipt of sealed tender is 11th July 2019.
Vendor Eligibility criteria:
The basic eligibility of a vendor shall be assessed based on following pre-qualification criteria.
Vendor shall be a company registered in India and should be operating in India for at least last 5 years offering similar services. The company Registration certificate copy should be submitted.
Experience in Language Tools and Technology (if any).
Vendor’s expertise in the Scientific and the Technical domains would be preferred.
The Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs) and Start-Ups with at least 2 to 3 years of experience are also eligible.
Vendor should have a demonstrable track record of experience in the similar work and should show the quality and the quantity of their past projects and the current projects with some proofs like website, books, or any other translation tasks taken by them.
The single vendor able to take the 3 tasks/jobs together like Translation, Transcribing and Sub-Titling would be preferable.
Terms and Conditions:
- Out of the bids found qualified technically, the name of bidder with lowest rate/value of financial bid (L1) will be announced to all the bidders. Other bidders found qualified technically will be offered to work on the same rate (L1) and bidders agreeing for the same will be required to submit their consent letter on the spot and they will have to deposit their original document (Registration, proof of office address, PAN/TIN/TAN/GSTIN) for the evaluation of tender evaluation committee L1 rates will be fixed for the entire period of the tender.
- In case the rates of L1 are similar of 2 firms/agencies, the one which has more experience of doing translation work in Ministries/Deptts. of Govt. of India and has other accreditations/ISO certificates etc. shall be preferred. The decision of Tender Evaluation Committee will be final and binding in this regard.
- After the evaluation of Tender Evaluation Committee a panel for the successful bidders will be prepared and issued. Firstly, every firm included in the panel shall be allotted one work each and later on keeping in view the quality and timeliness of their work and the requirements and urgency of the task, work will be given in rotational basis/to the best performer.
- Applications received late and not in accordance with the requirements mentioned in paras above will be summarily rejected. Postal delay will not be accepted. The IIIT-H reserves the sole right to reject all or any application on technical and financial soundness or any other reason as deemed fit and the decision of the IIIT-H in this regard shall be final and binding
- The tender is not transferable.
- The selected agency would work from their premises. All manpower/equipments/Hardwares/softwares etc required for the tendered work should be arranged by the agency at their cost. IIITH will not provide any office space, computers, Internet, telephone etc. for the translation work. The IIITH's responsibility would be limited to provide the material for translation/transcription.
- Translation charges per 1 hour of video should be quoted in the bids. No other payment, whatsoever, will be made for any activity/visit connected with the work other than the agreed translation charges.
- The quality and accuracy of the translation by the agency will be checked by the IIITH. Corrections, if any, will have to be carried out by the agency at their cost and the corrected version of soft copy will have to be re-submitted. No payment/compensation etc. will be made for corrections. Translation done through MT engine like Google/Bing/Yandex/Mantra or any other electronic device will not be acceptable.
- No advance payment shall be made. Payment will be made only after receipt of the finally accepted version, complete in all respects and to the satisfaction of the IIITH.
- The IIITH will retain the right to terminate the contract at any point of time without assigning any reason and without any liability to the IIITH.
Sealed tenders are to be sent to:
Language Technologies Research Centre
International Institute of Information Technology
Hyderabad – 500 032
Tel: +91-40-6653 1444
Page last updated on June, 2019