Institute Review Board (IRB)
IIIT Hyderabad Institute Review Board (IRB) reviews and approves ethics clearance for academic research projects handled by IIIT Hyderabad faculty only, which involve the participation of human subjects and Volunteers.
- The institute Review Board (IRB) performs ethical review of proposed research involving human participants and is responsible for protecting the rights and welfare of human participants of research conducted at IIIT-Hyderabad.
- IRB is responsible for reviewing and approving of research protocols and obtaining and documenting informed consent of study participants
The Committee operates as per the “Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) National Ethical Guidelines for Biomedical Research involving Human Participants”, and the “Medical Devices Gazzette 2019” rules. It is mandatory for the IIIT Hyderabad Faculty members to secure an IRB clearance for the projects involving Human participants before the start of a research project.
RnD office, IIIT Hyderabad collects the research proposals requiring ethical clearance and forwards the same to Institutional Ethics sub-Committee [IEsC]. IEsC will perform technical evaluation, Pre-screening and recommend to IRB for ethics clearance (exemption/expedited review / full IRB review). Apart from these, the committee would guide and suggest on the following matters to researchers as well as the institute from time-to-time: ethics related issues, data privacy, protection, and security. The committee would co-opt domain experts relevant to the subject matter of the proposals for technical evaluation of the proposals on a case-by- case basis.
RnD office convenes full IRB meeting as per the requirement from time-to-time.
IIIT-H Faculty will have to submit their duly signed application in the prescribed format along with the required documents to RnD office, IIIT Hyderabad.
Additionally, the faculty member should e-mail the completely filled application form along with required documents as a single file to email@example.com
The received application would be sent for technical and ethical review and the comments received on them would be communicated to the faculty member/principal investigator.
If required, concerned faculty/PI would be asked to address the concerns in front of the committee by making a presentation.
Available Templates for New Application
The institute Review Board (IRB),
International Institute of Information Technology
Prof. C R Rao Road
Gachibowli, Hyderabad 500 032
Phone: +91-40-6653 1000 , +91 (40) 6653 1264
Fax : +91-40-6653 1413
Google Map for Contact
Email id: firstname.lastname@example.org
IIIT-H IRB is a multi-disciplinary and multi-sectoral in composition effective from Nov’2021. The composition of the IIIT-H IRB committee is as follows:
- Anand Kondapi, School of Life sciences, UoH [Chair]
- B. R Shamanna, School of Medical Sciences, UoH
- Poluri Bhaskar, Advocate
- Vinoo Alluri, Cognitive Science Lab, IIIT-H
- Radhika Krishnan, Human Sciences Research Group, IIIT-H
- Soma Chakrabarty, Lay Citizen
- Ankit Gangwal, Centre for Security, Theory and Algorithms, IIIT-H
- S. Bapi Raju, Cognitive Science Lab, IIIT-H (Member Secretary)
The following is the Institute Ethics sub-Committee [IEsC] effective from Nov’2021
- S. Bapi Raju, [Chair]
- Raghu Babu Reddy [Member]
- Kavita Vemuri [Member]