Important Note: All undergraduate admissions, including DASA, to IIIT Hyderabad are by direct counseling using the process described in our website. We do NOT have any online or other companies representing us and providing indirect admission services. Any claims by such companies is completely false.
IIIT-H: DASA-2018-19 Admission Process
Date: November 18, 2017
Admissions under Direct Admissions for Students Abroad (DASA) mode for Undergraduate students for the academic year 2018-19 at International Institute of Information Technology, Hyderabad, India is open to candidates who have:
- Studied XI and XII, or equivalent outside India, or
- Hold a foreign passport
Applicants seeking admission through this mode have to follow a separate online process for IIIT, Hyderabad.
Both SAT and SAT Subject Test scores are mandatory for application; the essay part of SAT is not required. The test scores should be reported directly to IIIT-H by the college board before the last date of submission of online application form.
- Applicants should have completed 12th class or equivalent by May 2018 or earlier. Candidate should have scored at least 60% marks (or 6.0 grade on 10 point scale) in each of Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
- Applicants should have a minimum aggregate score of 1070 (out of a maximum of 1600) in SAT, and also a minimum aggregate score of 2000 (out of a maximum of 2400) in SAT Subject Tests in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics level 2. Both scores are mandatory.
Admissions through DASA for 2018-19 will be through the SAT and SAT Subject Scores. The primary ranking criterion is the total marks obtained in 3 SAT Subject tests: Maths level 2, Physics, and Chemistry. All applicants will be ranked based on this total marks first. In the case of a tie in total marks, the following marks (in the given order) will be used to resolve the same.
1. Maths level 2 (SAT Subject)
2. Physics (SAT Subject)
3. Chemistry (SAT Subject)
4. Total SAT score
5. Evidence based Reading and writing (SAT)
6. Maths (SAT)
Students tied even after the above is applied will be interviewed in person or
over Skype to break the tie.
Four year single degree programmes [more information]
- [CSE] B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering
- [ECE] B.Tech in Electronics and Communication and Engineering
Five year dual degree programmes [more information]
- [CSD] B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering and Master of Science in Computer Science and Engineering by Research
- [ECD] B.Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering and Master of Science in Electronics and Communication Engineering by Research
- [CLD] B.Tech in Computer Science and Master of Science in Computational Linguistics by Research [more information]
- [CND] B.Tech in Computer Science and Master of Science in Computational Natural Sciences by Research
- [BSD] B.Tech in Civil Engineering and Master of Science in Building Sciences and Engineering by Research
Sanctioned Number of Seats:
- Computer Science Programs (CSE and CSD): 20
- Electronics and Communications Programs (ECE and ECD): 10
- Other Programmes (CND/CLD/BSD): 5
Applicants have to indicate their preferences for the above programmes on the application portal. No change of preferences will be allowed after the submission deadline of the application.
While applying, you are advised to choose only the programmes you are willing to join, if allotted, in the branch preference list. A program should not be in your preference list as a placeholder for another one. If you do not take up an allotted seat, you are denying that seat to another student!
If you are interested in only one programme, say, ECE (B.Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering) and no other programme of the institute, you should give ECE as your first preference on the application portal and nil for others. If you are keen only on a few programmes of the institute, give the preference order only among those.
If none of your preferences are allotted during a particular round, you can exercise the option of continuing into the further rounds.
Note: No sliding is permitted after the last round of announcements.
- Online application should be submitted by candidates on our website.
- Online application will be accepted from March 2, 2018 to April 25, 2018
- Last date for submission of online application is 5 PM IST on April 25, 2018 (Wednesday) (Applications will not be accepted after the last date under any circumstances).
A fee of INR 6000 is to be paid online, while submitting the online application form.
SAT Score Time Line to Reach IIIT-H from College Board:
SAT & SAT Subject Test Scores have to be sent directly through College Board to IIIT, Hyderabad (Institute Code: 6997). The scores should reach IIIT-H on or before the submission of online application deadline. An applicant whose scores are not received by the said deadline will be disqualified and not considered for admission.
All the dates are as per Indian Standard Time (IST).
Announcement of Seat Allocation Rounds, Seat Acceptance and Cancellation Policy for DASA-2018-19
Please watch this space for further announcement.
- Tuition fee: USD 12,000 for the academic year 2018-19.
- Hostel and Mess fees extra; these charges will be on par with the other students at the institute.
- Payment of Initial Fee:
- Candidates who have been allotted a seat should confirm the acceptance of the seat by paying the tuition fee for one semester, on or before the acceptance dates which will be announced with the seat allotment.
- The first semester tuition fee of USD 6,000 or equivalent in INR (will be specified on website later) should be paid online through the payment portal. Instructions for payment will be emailed to you.
After admission, candidates will need to pay caution deposit, hostel fees, mess deposit, etc. (about Rs. 50,000) at the time of registration. Details will be sent later.
- Payments have to reach us by 5 PM IST on the deadline dates.
- The institute reserves the right to conduct different rounds of seat allocation based on the available seats and the number of acceptances after a round.
- A candidate should have written the SAT and SAT subject tests not earlier than June, 2016.
- If a candidate fails to furnish any of these by the specified date or fails to meet the eligibility criteria by securing less than specified minimum in Class 12 (only) and/or SAT test becomes ineligible and his/her admission will be cancelled. Please read our Refund Policy carefully which will be announced soon.
- Deadlines for online application process :
- Online application portal opens on: March 2, 2018
- Online application portal closes on: April 25, 2018
Page last updated on 29th November, 2017