Important Note: All undergraduate admissions, including DASA, to IIIT Hyderabad are by direct counseling using the process described in our website. We do NOT have any online or other companies representing us and providing indirect admission services. Any claims by such companies is completely false.
IIIT-H: DASA-2017 Admission Process [DASA-2017 Admission Process is Completed]
Date: February 25, 2017
Admissions under Direct Admissions for Students Abroad (DASA) mode for Undergraduate students for the academic year 2017-18 at International Institute of Information Technology, Hyderabad, India is open to candidates who have:
- Studied XI and XII, or equivalent, outside India, or
- Hold a foreign passport
Applicants seeking admission through this mode have to follow a separate online process for IIIT, Hyderabad.
Please note that there is a change in the eligibility criteria from the academic year 2017-18 onwards.
New Eligibility Criterion:
Both SAT and SAT Subject Test scores are mandatory for application; the essay part of SAT is not required. The test scores should be reported directly to IIIT-H by the college board before the last date of submission of online application form.
Applicants should have completed 12th class or equivalent by May 2017 or earlier. Candidate should have scored at least 60% marks (or 6.0 grade on 10 point scale) in each of Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics
Applicants should have a minimum aggregate score of 1600 (out of maximum of 2400) in old format SAT, and also a minimum aggregate score of 2000 (out of maximum of 2400) in SAT Subject Tests in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. Both scores are mandatory. Scores of candidates writing SAT as per the new format will be mapped using concordance tables available from College Board (USA).
The admissions through DASA for 2017-18 will be through the SAT and SAT Subject Tests Scores. The primary ranking criterion is the total of SAT Subject Tests Scores in Maths, Physics, and Chemistry. All applicants will be ranked based on the total marks first. In the case of a tie in total marks, the following marks (in the given order) will be used to resolve the same.
1. Maths (SAT II)
2. Physics (SAT II)
3. Chemistry (SAT II)
4. Total SAT score
5. Critical Reading (SAT)
6. Mathematics (SAT)
7. Writing (SAT)
8. Students tied even after this stage will be interviewed in person or
over Skype to break the tie.
Four year single degree programmes [more information]
[CSE] B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering
[ECE] B.Tech in Electronics and Communication and Engineering
Five year dual degree programmes [more information]
[CSD] B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering and Master of Science in Computer Science and Engineering by Research
[ECD] B.Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering and Master of Science in Electronics and Communication Engineering by Research
[CLD] B.Tech in Computer Science and Master of Science in Computational Linguistics by Research [more information]
[CND] B.Tech in Computer Science and Master of Science in Computational Natural Sciences by Research
[BSD] B.Tech in Civil Engineering and Master of Science in Building Sciences and Engineering by Research
Sanctioned Number of Seats:
- Computer Science Programs (CSE and CSD): 20
- Electronics and Communications Programs (ECE and ECD): 10
- Other Programmes (CND/CLD/BSD): 5
Applicants have to indicate their preferences for the above programmes on the application portal. No change of preferences will be allowed after the submission deadline of the application.
While applying, you are advised to include only the programmes you are willing to join, if alloted, in the branch preference list. A program should not be in your preference list as a placeholder for another one. If you do not take up an alloted seat, you are denying that seat to another student!
If you are interested in only one programme, say, ECE (B.Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering) and no other programme of the institute, you should give ECE as your first preference on the application portal and nil for others. If you are keen only on a few programmes of the institute, give the preference order only among those.
If none of your preferences are alloted during a particular round, you can exercise the option of continuing into the further rounds.
Note: No sliding is permitted after the last round of announcements.
- Online application should be submitted by candidates on our website. [Application Portal Closed]
- Online application will be accepted from March 2, 2017 to April 29, 2017
- Last date for submission of online application is 5 PM IST on April 29, 2017 (Saturday) (Applications will not be accepted after the last date under any circumstances).
A fee of INR 6000 is to be paid online, while submitting the online application form.
Application Link [ Application Portal Closed ]
SAT Score Time Line to Reach IIIT-H from College Board:
SAT & SAT Subject Test Scores have to be sent directly through College Board to IIIT, Hyderabad (Institute Code: 6997). The scores should reach IIIT-H on or before the submission of online application deadline. The application will be rejected and will also not be considered for the counseling process if the institute does not receive the scores on or before the deadline of submission of the online application form.
All the dates are as per Indian Standard Time (IST).
Announcement of Seat Allocation Rounds, Seat Acceptance and Cancellation Policy for DASA-2017
||Announcement of seat allocation
||Seat Acceptance Deadline
||Seat Cancellation Policy (If someone wish to cancel the seat after the tuition fee payment)
|Seat Cancellation Dates||Refund Amount|
May 11, 2017
May 19, 2017
|On or before May 20, 2017||$3000|
|After May 20, 2017||No Refund|
May 22, 2017
May 26, 2017
|On or before May 27, 2017||$3000|
|After May 27, 2017||No Refund|
May 29, 2017
June 2, 2017
|On or before June 3, 2017||$3000|
|After June 3, 2017||No Refund|
- The institute reserves the right to conduct different rounds of seat allocation based on the available seats and the number of acceptances after a round.
- Candidates will be called for interview over skype to break the tie, if required. Hence, the candidates must be available for interview around May 3 and May 4, 2017.
- Tuition fee: USD 12,000 for the academic year 2017-18.
- Hostel and Mess fees extra; these charges will be on par with the other students at the institute.
- Payment of Initial Fee:
- Candidates who have been alloted a seat should confirm the acceptance of the seat alloment by paying the tuition fee for one semester, on or before the acceptance dates which will be announced with the seat allotment.
- The first semester tuition fee of USD 6,000 or equivalent in INR (will be specified on website later) should be paid online through the payment portal. Instructions for payment will be emailed to you.
After admission, candidates will need to pay caution deposit, hostel fees, mess deposit, etc. (about Rs. 50,000) at the time of registration. Details will be sent later.
- Only payments that reach us by 5 PM IST on the deadline dates will be considered.
The institute reserves the right to conduct different rounds of seat allocation based on the available seats and the number of acceptances after a round.
Scores of candidates writing SAT as per the new format will be mapped using concordance tables available from College Board (USA).
The candidate should have written the SAT and SAT subject tests not earlier than June, 2015.
If a candidate fails to furnish any of these by the specified date or fails to meet the eligibility criteria (i.e. secures less than specified minimum in Class 12 (only) and/or SAT test and thus becomes ineligible), his/her admission would stand cancelled. See Refund Policy for fees refunds.
- Deadlines for online application process :
Online application portal opens on: March 2, 2017
Online application portal closes on: April 29, 2017
Page last updated on 12th June, 2017