A Special Channel of Admission is being introduced from this academic year for single degree B.Tech (ECE/CSE) programes. This channel is aimed at identifying students with extraordinary talent or background.
There are 20 seats sanctioned (ten each) for the following :
[CSE] Bachelor of Technology in Computer Science And Engineering
[ECE] Bachelor of Technology in Electronics and Communication Engineering
1. XII class or equivalent with Maths, Physics and Chemistry.
and any one of the following :
2. Students who qualified for the UDAAN scheme of CBSE
3. Students in integrated six-year 12th + B.Tech program after 10th calss
Selection Criteria :
1. Shortlisted candidates will be called for the written test.
2. Shortlisted candidates based on the performance in written test will be called for interview.
3. The final selection is based on the overall performance of the applicant.
Extrance Exam syllabus :
The test will have two parts : Part 1 (subject proficiency test) and part II (research aptitute test). However, the students applying throguh this mode need to write only part 1.
Subject proficiency test : The syllabus is CBSE X1 and XII standard Physics/Maths/Chemistry.
Research aptitute test : The syllabus is also CBSE X1 and XII standard Physics/Maths/Chemistry. However, the test will be on critical and creative thinking.
Sample questions for Part 1 and Part II are : [Click here]. All questions are objective in nature.
The examination is conducted as fully computer based test at various centers across the city.
Date of Examination : April 18, 2018 (Wednesday)
Time of Examination : 9:00 AM - 10:00 AM
Examination Centres : Click here
Application Fee : INR 1,500 (Non-refundable)
Application Portal for SPEC Mode Opens : February 05, 2018
Application Deadline : March 15, 2018
Tuition Fee: Rs.2,60,000/- per annum
Application Link [Portal opened]
Page last updated on 23rd February, 2018