The results of the entrance exam for the SPEC mode of admissions are available now. Applicants can login to see the marks they have obtained and find out whether they have been shortlisted for an interview.
The qualifying percentage for the SUPR exam is 25%. Based on this criterion and the sanctioned strength of the programmes for which a mode of admission is eligible, the applicants have been short listed for the interview call.
The cutoff marks for an interview call for the SPEC mode (eligible for single degree programme) is 14 marks
The IIITH admission committee is responsible for the following.
1. The shortlisting of candidates for interview. This is based on the cutoff marks in relevant exams.
2. Offer of admission. This is based solely on the interview performance. The decision of the interview panel is final.
A Special Channel of Admission is being introduced from this academic year for single degree B.Tech (ECE/CSE) programes. This channel is aimed at identifying students with extraordinary talent or background.
There are 20 seats sanctioned (ten each) for the following :
[CSE] Bachelor of Technology in Computer Science And Engineering
[ECE] Bachelor of Technology in Electronics and Communication Engineering
1. XII class or equivalent with Maths, Physics and Chemistry.
and any one of the following :
2. Students who qualified for the UDAAN scheme of CBSE
3. Students in integrated six-year 12th + B.Tech program after 10th class
Selection Criteria :
1. Shortlisted candidates will be called for the written test.
2. Shortlisted candidates based on the performance in written test will be called for interview.
3. The final selection is based on the overall performance of the applicant.
Extrance Exam syllabus :
The test will have two parts : section 1 (subject proficiency test) and section 2 (research aptitute test).
However, the students applying through this mode need to write only section 1.
Subject proficiency test : The syllabus is CBSE X1 and XII standard Physics/Maths/Chemistry.
Research aptitute test : The syllabus is also CBSE X1 and XII standard Physics/Maths/Chemistry.
However, the test will be on critical and creative thinking.
All questions are objective in nature.
The examination is conducted as fully computer based test at various centers across India.
Date of Examination : April 18, 2018 (Wednesday)
Time of Examination : 9:00 AM - 10:00 AM
Examination Centres : Click here
Application Fee : INR 1,500 (Non-refundable)
Application Portal for SPEC Mode Opens : February 05, 2018
Application Deadline : [Submission of application deadline has been extended
till March 15, 2018 March 26, 2018 March 28, 2018]
Tuition Fee: Rs.2,60,000/- per annum
Financial Assistance : [Click here]
Application Link [Portal Closed]
Page last updated on 30th April, 2018