Research admissions at IIIT-H are open for the Winter 2018. Admission is restricted to PhD programme which will provide access to our vibrant research programs in the core areas of CSE and ECE. Applications are invited from individuals with passion for engaging in cutting edge research and who aim to transform industry and society by developing a new theory, technology or applications.
Eligibility for Application
Applicants must satisfy the following criterion
- Completed B.Tech./B.E or M.Tech/M.E./MCA in Electronics / Electrical / Computer Science / Computer Engineering with a consistent and excellent academic record
We especially encourage applicants with any of the following
- Good-quality research publications
- Participation in research-oriented projects
- Work experience in R&D labs / Industry
Admission into Research programmes for Winter 2018 is based on the following:
Performance in an Interview.
To qualify for the interview call, candidate has to appear for a written examination scheduled on 2 December, 2018 from 10.00 AM to 1.00 PM at Hyderabad. Exceptional candidates with a good track record may qualify directly for the interview. To be considered directly for the interview, application must be completed by November 10, 2018. Decision on the same will be intimated by November 15, 2018.
The written Examination is scheduled this year on December 2, 2018 and interview is schedule on December 4, 2018 at IIIT Hyderabad. The details of the exam/interview will be informed to applicants via email.
How To Apply (Application Link)
Complete the online application process which has two parts - Registration Form and Application Form. Incomplete applications will be rejected.
Application Fee for Entrance Exam
An application fee of INR 2000 (Non-Refundable) is payable to complete your application process. Payment can be done through Credit Card/Debit Card (Visa/ Master Card) or Net Banking.
Applications portal opening
October 16, 2018
November 18, 2018
December 2, 2018
General Aptitute (Paper-I)
10.00 AM to 11.30 AM
Subject Paper (Paper-II)
11.30 AM to 1.00 PM
Announcement of short listed candidates for interview
December 2, 2018 late evening
Interview for shortlisted candidates
December 4, 2018
Announcement of selected candidates
December 6, 2018
Registration of Spring Semester
December 29, 2018
Entrance Exam Details
An entrance examination will be conducted on 2 December, 2018 (Sunday). The entrance examination consists of two papers: (No negative marking)
- Paper I: General aptitude paper
- Paper II: Subject paper
Objective type questions
Duration: 1.5 hours
Compulsory for everyone.
This is objective type question paper and will emphasize on basic aptitude, logical reasoning, basic questions on mathematics.
Paper II: Subject Paper
Paper II is subject paper. Based on the graduation, candidate has to appear for relevant subject papers.
- CSE : Single objective type paper of duration 1.5 hours
- ECE : Single objective type paper of duration 1.5 hours
CSE Paper Syllabus :
- Fundamentals of Computer Organization
- Data Structures
- Digital Logic
- Basics of Algorithms
- Discrete Mathematics
ECE Paper Syllabus :
- Electronic Devices
- Analog Circuits
- Digital circuits
- Control Systems
- Signals and Systems
- Probability theory and random processes
- Communication Theory
- Digital Signal Processing
All fulltime research students are fully supported in terms of tuition fees and stipend as long as they maintain good academic standing. Full financial assistance requires the student to put in 20 hours of work per week.
Research Assistantship for Ph. D. Students
- A minimum of Rs.15,000/- and upto Rs.21,000/- per month (Based upon performance in course work) until completion of Comprehensive Examination.
- A minimum of Rs.22,000/- and upto Rs.30,000/- per month (Based upon candidates performance in research work) after comprehensive examination.
Other fellowship opportunities
Externally funded fellowships are also available to PhD students after admission. These are based on application to and selection by the respective funding agencies. Some of the fellowships held by our current PhD students include TCS, Visvesvaraya, Intel, Google, MSR, IBM, etc.
Please send a mail to email@example.com for any queries.
- Please check your "Bulk" or "Junk/Spam" folders also for any missing acknowledgement e-mails.
- Mere registration will not be considered as submission of the application.
- Application fee is non-refundable under all circumstances.
Page last updated on December, 2018