Research admissions at IIIT-H are open for the Spring 2018. Admission is restricted to PhD programme which will provide access to our vibrant research programs in the core areas of CSE and ECE. Applications are invited from individuals with passion for engaging in cutting edge research and who aim to transform industry and society by developing a new theory, technology or applications.
Eligibility for Application
Applicants must satisfy the following criterion
- Completed B.Tech./B.E or M.Tech/M.E./MCA in Electronics / Electrical / Computer Science / Computer Engineering with a consistent and excellent academic record
We especially encourage applicants with any of the following
- Good-quality research publications
- Participation in research-oriented projects
- Work experience in R&D labs / Industry
Admission into Research programmes for Spring 2018 is based on the following:
Performance in an Interview.
To qualify for the interview call, candidate have to appear for a written exam. Exceptional candidates with a good track record may qualify directly for the interview. To be considered directly for the interview, application must be completed by November 15, 2017. Decision on the same will be intimated by November 24, 2017.
The written Exam is scheduled this year on December 4, 2017 and interview is schedule on December 6, 2017 at IIIT Hyderabad. The details of the exam/interview will be informed to applicants via email.
How To Apply
Complete the online application process which has two parts - Registration Form and Application Form. Incomplete applications will be rejected.
Click Here to Apply
Application Fee for Entrance Exam
An application fee of INR 2000 (Non-Refundable) is payable to complete your application process. Payment can be done through Credit Card/Debit Card (Visa/ Master Card) or Net Banking.
Applications portal opening
October 23, 2017
November 25, 2017
December 4, 2017
Interview for shortlisted candidates
December 6, 2017
Announcement of selected candidates
December 8, 2017
Registration of Spring Semester
December 28, 2017
An applicant needs to appear for an exam in either of the following
Entrance Exam Details
- CSE : Single objective type paper of duration 3 hours
- ECE : Single objective type paper of duration 3 hours
- Fundamentals of Computer Organization
- Data Structures
- Digital Logic
- Basics of Algorithms
- Discrete Mathematics
- Networks: Nodal and mesh analysis, Wye-Delta transformation, steady state sinusoidal analysis, time and frequency domain analysis of RLC circuits, Laplace transformations, 2-port networks, Transfer functions.
- Electronic Devices: Theory and Characteristics of Diodes such as Junction and Zener etc, Transistors such as BJT, JFET, and MOSFET etc, Photodiodes.
- Analog Circuits: Small signal models and applications of diodes, BJTs, MOSFETs, Biasing of transistors, Types of Amplifiers, Op-amp circuits, Filters, Oscillators, Function generators and wave-shaping circuits.
- Digital circuits: Boolean algebra, logic gates, Logic families, combinational, arithmetic, memory and sequential circuits, ADC, Microprocessors and Microcontrollers.
- Control Systems: Components of control systems, Open and closed loop control systems, stability analysis, Routh-Hurwitz Criteria, Signal flow graphs, transient and steady state analysis of LTI control systems including frequency response, Root loci, Bode and Nyquist plots, lead and lag compensation, PID control.
- Signals and Systems: Classification of signals, LTI system analysis, System properties, Fourier Series, Fourier Transform, discrete time Fourier series , Laplace Transform, Z-transform, System transfer function, Fourier analysis of LTI systems, Sampling theorem.
- Probability theory and random processes: random variables, probability distribution function, probability density function, conditional probability, Bayes theorem, central limit theorem, functions of random variables, random processes, stationary random processes, auto-correlation and cross-correlation functions, power spectrum.
- Communication Theory: Analog and Digital Modulation and demodulation, Superheterodyne Receivers, Quantization, Line Coding, Matched filters, Receiver structures in the presence of AWGN, Probability of error.
- Digital Signal Processing: Discrete Fourier transform, FFT, Z-transform, Z-domain analysis of LTI systems, Circular convolution, Design of digital IIR and FIR filters.
- Electromagnetics: Basics of Electromagnetics, Vector calculus, Maxwell's equations, Wave equation, Transmission lines, matching networks, S-parameters, Basics of waveguides, optical fibers, and Antennas
All fulltime research students are fully supported in terms of tuition fees and stipend as long as they maintain good academic standing. Full financial assistance requires the student to put in 20 hours of work per week.
Research Assistantship for Ph. D. Students
- A minimum of Rs.15,000/- and upto Rs.21,000/- per month (Based upon performance in course work) until completion of Comprehensive Examination.
- A minimum of Rs.22,000/- and upto Rs.30,000/- per month (Based upon candidates performance in research work) after comprehensive examination.
Other fellowship opportunities
Externally funded fellowships are also available to PhD students after admission. These are based on application to and selection by the respective funding agencies. Some of the fellowships held by our current PhD students include TCS, Visvesvaraya, Intel, Google, MSR, IBM, etc.
Please send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org for any queries.
- Please check your "Bulk" or "Junk/Spam" folders also for any missing acknowledgement e-mails.
- Mere registration will not be considered as submission of the application.
- Application fee is non-refundable under all circumstances.
Page last updated on 14th October, 2017