About the Program
Students admitted to the program have to complete a course work followed by breadth and depth examinations apart from the thesis work.
To provide opportunity to work on a challenging research problem in the area of Bioinformatics and computational biology.
Advantages (for the student)
The students will acquire sound concepts and learn to independently carry out research.
3 - 6 years
M.Sc in fundamental sciences, M.E/M Tech/B.E/B.Tech in CS/IT/Biotech/BioInformatics/BioMed, MCA.
Breadth Course requirements:
At least three courses from the following should be chosen.
MA6.301- MCS 1-Probability and Statistics + MA6.302 - MCS 2-Linear Algebra
SC3.401 - Advanced Biology (SC3.101 - Introduction to Biology for non-Bio major)
SC3.202 - Bioinformatics + SC3.203 - Systems Biology
CS0.302 - Computing Tools (CS6.302 - Software Systems Development for CSE background)
SC3.320 - Advanced Biomolecular Architecture
SC1.315 - Nonlinear Dynamics
SC1.320 - Introduction to Stochastic processes
- Satisfactory performance is defined as getting a grade of B or higher in each of these courses.
For the depth requirement, three courses from the following two areas should be chosen with one from Stream I and two from Stream II.
A. Stream I: Computer Science: One course from the set covering the basics on “Programming + Basics of Databases + ITWS”:
CS0.301 - Computer Problem Solving (for non-CSE background)
CS6.302 - Software Systems Development (for non-CSE background)
CS1.304 - Data Structures & Algorithms for Problem Solving
CS4.401 - Data Systems
CS4.405 - Data Analytics I
CS7.403 - Statistical Methods in AI
B. Stream II: Bioinformatics: Two courses from the following should be chosen:
- SC3.303 - Advanced Bioinformatics
- SC3.321 - Biomolecular Structure Interactions and Dynamics
- SCI633 - Modeling and Simulation
- SC4.412 - Data Driven Drug Designing
- SC4.411 - Machine Learning for Natural Sciences
- SC3.401 - Advanced Biology (for non-Biology major)
- Topics in Systems Biology
- Next Generation Sequence Data Analysis
- Topics in Computational Biology
- Functional Genomics
Click here for Detailed Curriculum Document
Page last updated on May, 2023