Dear Principals and (or) Heads of Departments,
Greetings from IIIT, Hyderabad!
We are pleased to announce that IIIT-H will be conducting the ninth edition of the annual workshop ExOR (Excitement of Research) at our Gachibowli campus, Hyderabad on October 29 & 30, 2011 (Saturday & Sunday).
The previous seven editions of ExoR have consistently received excellent feedback. The ExoR, which is organized each year, for the engineering student community, is meant to excite deep interest in research, and encourage students to take up research both in academics and in career.
Activities planned for the ninth ExoR include:
Total number of seats is limited to 180, and is decided on a first-come-first-serve basis. There is NO registration fee.
- Keynote addresses by eminent researchers,
Dr. Subir Chaudhuri, Associate Director and Outstanding Scientist, Research Centre IMARAT (RCI) Hyderabad, India
Senior Professors from IIIT Hyderabad, India
- Research presentations and Interactive sessions
- Exposure to contemporary corporate research
- Demonstrations of some of the ongoing research at IIIT-H
Here is what you can do to enable your students to attend ExoR 2011
Accepted nominations will be listed on www.iiit.ac.in/exor by Friday, October 21, 2011.
- Nominate one pre-final year undergraduate student each from your college's CSE and ECE departments
- If you have a separate IT department, you may nominate one more student from this department
- Only Principal / HoD (CSE / ECE) should submit these nominations, via college e-mail to email@example.com or fax to 040 2300 0044.
- Individual requests from students will NOT be considered.
- Nominations should reach IIIT-H latest by Thursday October 20, 2011
- Nominated students should be in the Year 3 of their B Tech program
- Nominated students will have to participate both days, full time
- Participants will be provided free lunch and snacks
- On-campus accommodation for outstation students is very limited, and so allotment will be on the basis of first come, first served
Tel: +91-40-6653 1119, 9849750410
The July 27, 2009 issue of India Today, India's leading news magazine, in the section titled "The Game Changers", named IIIT-H as one of the 25 Extraordinary Individuals and Institutions that have transformed education in India.
IIIT-H has been ranked among the Best 10 Universities in South Asia!
, in ter
ms of "scholarly papers" on the Internet, in the latest ranking, by Cybermetric Lab, Spain's largest public research institution.