The following fees are payable on admission for Semester-I:
Rs.80,000 per semester
Rs. 10,000 (One time payment. Refundable at the end of the programme)
Rs. 10,000 (One time payment, non-refundable)
Deposit for Text books
Rs. 1,500 (Per Semester for first three semesters, refundable at the end of the programme)
Hostel Fee, Water & Electric Charges
|Rs. 10,400 per semester (For Boys )
Rs. 10,625 per semster(For Girls )
( Water & Electric Charges to be adjusted against actuals)
Rs. 13,500 for semester I (to be adjusted against actuals )
At the time of reporting, the student has to pay/bring the following:
(1) For admission fee, deposits, and hostel fee etc: Demand Draft in favour of "IIIT, Hyderabad" Payable at Hyderabad.
For Boys Rs. 26,900
For Girls Rs. 27,125
(2) For Mess charges, student should bring a demand draft of Rs. 13,500 in favour of "IIIT Students Mess Account" payable at Hyderabad.
Fee payable at the beginning of 2nd Semester would be for Boys Rs. 91,900 , for Girls Rs. 92,125 plus Rs. 13,500 for mess charges (tentatively).
In addition, the student has to submit the following original documents, along with one set of Xerox copy of certificates
1. Date of Birth certificate / X class Marks Memo
2. Intermediate Marks Memo / Intermediate Certificate
3. Transfer Certificate
4. JEE (Main) Score Card / NTSE / KVPY / Olympiad / SAT Score card ( as applicable )
5. Allotment letter
6. The student has to submit six stamp size photographs.
Will be announced later
IIIT-H is a residential Institute and it is compulsory for all students to stay on-campus. Separate hostels for boys and girls are available on-campus with basic facilities. Students have to bring their own bed roll of size 6'.3" x 2'.9", one scientific calculator and pair of sports shoes. Temporary accommodation will be provided for outstation students if they are coming one day before the registration day.
Bank: A branch and ATM of State Bank Hyderabad is available on the campus.
Health Centre: Attendant doctors with ambulance facility.
Sports: Ample facilities for out-door and in-door games.
Please note that students are required to bring their own laptop at the beginning of the semester.
For students who could not bring the laptop, the Institute will provide a facility to buy the laptop in the campus.
In the event that you are not in a financial position to acquire a laptop immediately, you will have access to a lab facility with desktops. You can use this facility until you are able to acquire a laptop.
The suggested minimum configuration of laptop is as follows:
- HDD: 300GB or more
- RAM: 2GB or more RAM, 1333MHz or higher speed (DDR3)
- Graphics card: with 512MB or more RAM
- Processor: Minimum dual core. i3 or higher is recommended
- Wifi - g or n series or even higher if available (avoid a or b series)
- Small USB mouse (Prefer wired over wireless)
- Normal quality head-phones or ear phones. Do not go for speakers.
- Laptop bag or carrying case.
Other purchase related points:
- Verify that laptop has at least 3 USB ports and ports for audio output
- Verify that laptop can export display through CRT or DVI port to projector
- It is not necessary to purchase Windows OS. Students can do all their work with Linux which is freely available. Discuss with vendor whether they provide option of laptops which do not come with Windows pre-installed.
- Do not go for online backup, anti-virus, MS-office, installation service, online training etc. most of which are not necessary and can be procured later also.
- No need for external keyboard
Other points related to safety of laptop: