Honours program is designed to allow a bright and motivated student:
- To over-reach and do extra academic work, and
- To do concentrated work in an area (called a stream), usually pertaining to research and software development.
Honours program is completely optional.
- Student may decide to opt for it based on his interest and desire to overreach.
- Having entered the honours program, he may decide to come out of it.
In the honours program, the student has to:
- Choose a stream and take 3 prescribed courses in the area, under the usual elective slots given below showing year (2) and semester (II):
- 2 II Elective (Usual elective course slot must be used to take a stream course)
- 2 SMR Summer Training (Usual but must be done in the industry or research centre etc. in stream)
- 3 I Elective (Usual elective course slot must be used to take a stream course)
- Take three extra projects in the 3rd year (under Honours project)
- 3 I Honours project 4 credits
- 3 II Honours project 4 credits
- 3 SMR Project
- Attend a specially designed summer camp taught by the leaders in the field. (Special 3 to 4 week summer or winter camps would be planned for the honours students.)
- Final year project must be in the area of the stream.
- The overall minimum academic requirements are 16 credits more than the normal. (They include the extra credits earned during honours project.)
- The degree of a student who completes the honours program will show something like:
B.Tech with Honours Program(specialization in xxx)
- Any Student can apply for the honours program in a stream provided the concerned faculty member accepts him. Honours degree will be awarded only if a student has a minimum CGPA 0f 8.5 at the time of completion of the program.
Semester wise curriculum of Undergraduate programmes